The easiest way to "discredit the birthers" is to release the long form birth certificate. Of course, that's not going to happen. What do you do if you have something to hide about the nationality of Barack Hussein Obama? You do the following:
1. Denounce those who want to see the long form birth certificate as "extremists" or "conspiracy theorists"
2. Pass house resolutions stating that Obama was born in Hawaii
3. Claim that requiring Obama to prove his citizenship is "self-evisceration" of politics that will lead to our downfall
4. Claim that the release of the long form birth certificate will only fuel greater speculation and greater conspiracy theories and do more harm than good
5. Claim that the release of the long form birth certificate will impinge "citizen privacy rights to appease 'extreme' views"
6. Claim that doubts about Obama's birthplace is bias against Hawaiians and a feeling that they are not as American as mainlanders
7. Shuck and jive, do the old soft-shoe, tap dance around the issue and moonwalk off the stage